View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 02:05 PM   #13
Hunter Customs

Quote:
Any 17 or 22 caliber mag will knock a yote into the dirt. But this new 17 Winchester Short Mag will do it quicker and with authority. Considering its not a new Remington development pleases me. This new 17 cal Winchester ammo probably will be around for years to come on store shelves. {Unlike the 5-MM many got burned on including this fellow} As for this consumer of fine weaponry. I intend to let this new 17 cal rifle and cartridge play out for awhile to see how others like it. If it's a success. {As I think it will be very shortly} I intend to buy myself one. 3000 ft per second from a rim fire. >Oh U- Bet-Cha !! As for that 5-mm?
I'll give it to the wife to hang a bird feeder on once I open that new box on the kitchen table with my new Winchester 17 Short Mag in it. Yesiree "that's my plan and I'm sticking to it !!" seansean1444 you should consider buying one of these rifles for that purpose of yote hunting._
I have a 5mm and love mine, especially after Aquilla brought out some ammo for them at reasonable prices.
Bought my rifle new in 1970 and I believe Remington quit making them in 1973.
I'm with Sure Shot, I'm not going to jump on the band wagon of anything new until it's been on the market for at least 10 years, so I most likely will not be buying the new Winchester 17.

That being said Missouri has the same laws for hunting small game or fur bearers during deer season, it has to be rimfire or shotgun and the shot size has to be on the small side unless you are water fowl hunting.

Missouri firearms deer seasons takes up a big portion of prime coyote hunting and it seems the seasons keep getting longer every year or they start another one.
As for now there's 6 different firearms deer seasons in Missouri the first one's in Oct and the last one is in Jan.
Of course coyote hunting does not bring in the revenue that the deer tags do and we all know the almighty dollar speaks loudly, it sure does as far as the MDC is concerned.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Last edited by Hunter Customs; October 9, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

Page generated in 0.02087 seconds with 8 queries