View Single Post
Old March 22, 2012, 02:30 PM   #9
bumnote

Quote:
Having the bill's sponsor(Senator Peadon) suggest that it's not being correctly applied seems relevant
This is what I was thinking once this law was being dragged into the spotlight. IMO, this law was intended to help people to protect themselves in exactly the type of situation that kid found himself in.
If someone was walking home from a store and was approached by an armed individual running at them trying to detain them, with no legal authority to do so, and that person was shot and killed, then there'd be little argument over this FL law. It would have done what it was designed to do, allow a person to defend them self from an armed attacker.
I believe the police department is trying use this law to cover up their own mistakes in their initial investigation...not testing the man for drug and alcohol use, not speaking to all the witnesses or neighbors, not speaking to the girl on the phone with the boy when he was shot. Things they should have done regardless of who may or may not have been at fault. The law isn't broken, it's the players involved that are.
But that's just the way I see from the info I have to base an opinion on.

Last edited by bumnote; March 22, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.02865 seconds with 8 queries