View Single Post
Old November 25, 2010, 10:35 PM   #38
Deerhunter

We go by the rules.....If it is archery season....fisrt blood gets the deer as long as the shot would have eventually killed the deer. When gun season starts it is who ever knocks the deer down and keeps it down. Just how we do things in PA. Now I have finsihed off a deer or two for my buddy and he has done the same for me. We can track deer and are darn good at it, but we don't like to. Just easier to put them down. The two of us and his dad go by who ever hit it first gets it no matter what. Again that is just us, but everyone else I know goes by the first arrow or whoever takes the shot that puts it down.

Hard to say as I have seen deer running that I had shots at that other people where shooting at. At what point do you wait before you take a shot. Again OP was talking about public land. Does he have to wait till the deer runs 25, 50 or 100 yards before he shoots at it. Clearly the other guys couldn't hit it.

I am not saying it is worth shooting someone over but what happened to ethics and doing the right thing. He shot the deer he should get it, The world has become a crazy place.

Page generated in 0.03605 seconds with 8 queries