View Single Post
Old April 25, 2007, 06:14 PM   #27
CrustyFN

Quote:
benedict1
As to loading rate, if you get bullets and cases organized and have an extra primer tray ready to go, 200 rounds per hour is quite easy to do. If you are having indexing problems you can adjust both the turret and your technique. Don't run the handle back to the stop point as you lower the ram in jerky, quick fashion. That causes the turret to accelerate too fast and it will overshoot the detent. Work it smoothly and firmly and the press will index perfectly.
As Benedict1 says, most people I talk to turn out 200 RPH no problem. You can also fit 200 primers in the tray with plenty of room to spare. The Classic Turret is fast enough to meet my ammo needs and I shoot a lot. I enjoy my time in front of the press so why would I want to spend five times more for something that doesn't make any better ammo than my Classic? In fact if you aren't careful you can make a lot of bad ammo in a hurry with a Dillon, I have talked to many people that have done it. You won't end up pulling 100 bullets because you didn't notice the primer feed wasn't working with the Classic.
Rusty

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 8 queries