View Single Post
Old September 10, 2002, 06:37 PM   #20
TBAUS

David, it may not help you. It may not make sense for you to buy the die. I am no expert about Lee dies, but as I understand it, it does not resize the bullet. We don't want to resize the bullet. Its carbide sizer ring, sizes the case. The ring is not as small as the one on the sizing die. If a bullet is off center when loaded, then it can and does cause a lump on one side of the case. It is fairly common on .45acp and .40 S&W. The Lee die straightens this out. It gets the bullet centered in the case again. Before I bought one, I used to get some ftf failures with my reloads in a .40 of mine that has a "tight" chamber. After using the Lee die, I get ZERO ftf's with my ammo in this gun. Seems to me that getting the bullet centered in the case would probably help accuracy. Since I cannot get each round perfectly centered on my own, I rely on the Lee Factory Crimp die to get the job done. Shooting in an IDPA match or shooting bowling pins, I want my semi-auto to function all the time. Don't get me wrong, I do not advocate using reload for carry, but for matches shooting reloads is a reality for a lot of us. It may do nothing for you in a wheel gun. It is worth it's weight in Gold in an auto!

Page generated in 0.03049 seconds with 8 queries