View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 07:36 PM   #13
TunnelRat

Quote:
FN Herstal has no recurring malfunctions that I'm aware of
But mate, that's what we were talking about in the first place, reliability!

As for the FNX, quite simply put there are more parts in a hammer fired gun so that's not a fair comparison. Hammer fired guns run more expensive on average and you can save a good $200-$300 buying FN as opposed to HK (who I think FN is often in competition with). The SIG SP2022 is an option, but it's low cost is due to the French contract they have. The P95 was a decent gun at a good price, but I don't think it is in the same class as an FNX, the SP2022, or the HKs (not that it should at the cost). Also they are discontinuing it right?

Quote:
considering the track record of the XD, and M&P Ruger is right in league with both of them in terms of accuracy, fit and finish, and durability(if not out of box reliability).
Yet as far as I know no law enforcement agencies use them extensively. I know Ruger doesn't really go after law enforcement contracts, but I'm also unaware of any training schools that recommend them either. I know neither of those are the only measure of a gun, but it's still nice to have in your pocket to brag about.

Quote:
however comparing Glocks, XDMs, and M&P pros is a little unfair as those are outside it's price bracket, I'm sure for an additional $200 Ruger could do much to improve upon the design).
And there we have it. For the money the Ruger SR series is a good gun. But IMO it's still a budget gun. There's nothing wrong with it, but I personally find it a bit lacking as compared to the others. M&Ps and Glocks can be had for only $100 more. If folks can spring for it I typically recommend they save the extra. And I am aware of those brands having issues too!

Quote:
I would still rate it higher than the FNS and M&P pro though(crappy triggers IMO).
Oh it has a great trigger, I can't argue that at all. But again mate we were talking about reliability. You've branched outside the original debate so that you can show its superiority. That's okay, but that wasn't what I was arguing to begin with.

I'm not just blowing smoke. I rented an SR9c that blew me away with the trigger and shootability. The one I bought was a massive disappointment. Numerous failures to extract, failures to feed if it was just the littlest bit dirty, and a barrel that had such a poor fit to the slide I could rattle the thing and accuracy that matched the poor fit. That's just a sample of 1, and by no means indicative of the series as a whole. But there are problems with the SR series on occasion, a quick look on the Ruger forums, and here, reveals that. It's nothing to get defensive about, just don't deny reality.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.04006 seconds with 8 queries