View Single Post
Old October 10, 2013, 04:30 AM   #32
spacecoast

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. The cover for the milled receiver AK should definitely have an overhang that covers the top of the receiver by 3-5 mm all the way around (including the entire left side), except over the bolt and where there is a cutout for the safety, which rides in flush against the cover and is prevented from going up higher. It seem pretty obvious that Arsenal gave you the wrong cover. Minus the cover, the safety lever will continue to rotate 20-30 degrees on up. At least that's how it works on my milled Lancaster.

I don't get this whole "send it in for any problem" mentality. I think it pays to take a few minutes (or a day) to study the issue and understand what is actually wrong first. It's a whole lot easier to make a call and let them know you got the wrong cover (if you did), and ask for a replacement, than send in the whole rifle. That said, I would also say that it appears that you somehow bent the safety lever, allowing it to move past the lip on the cover. It's also possible that your top cover is not stamped to spec at that point and allows the extra rotation.

Quote:
the <end of the> safety <lever> seems to be cut in this / shape on his while mine is more of a (
also a valid possibility (and a problem if so, mine is also a ( to catch the bolt handle), but even so the cover should prevent the additional rotation.

Last edited by spacecoast; October 10, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.04445 seconds with 8 queries