View Single Post
Old March 19, 2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Jim March

Quote:
So, I think it may be one of those "...it ain't about the odds, it's about the outcome..." things.
I actually understood ahead of time that attacks on humans are rare. But again, I didn't like this particular circumstance.

1) This was a BIG friggin' piggie.

2) Very constrained spaces where somebody could stumble on it in tight quarters (coming out of an apartment in condition white).

3) It was already acting scared due to traffic and the "no way out" problem except PAST the traffic it was scared of.

So my thinking was, to hell with odds, this was a bad situation.

Sidenote: I'm a mild-to-moderate Asperger's case. Among the "upsides" to that particular mental difference is, I can picture an animal's emotional state and predict how it's likely to feel in a given circumstance...better than most folks anyhow. Well enough that I've often surprised dog owners when their dogs don't bark at me (despite barking at every other stranger) and I'm able to tell when a dog bounding at me is friendly or unfriendly to a very high degree of accuracy. The picture I was getting of this piggie's state was off-scale frightening under these particular circumstance, far moreso than if he was just wandering among normal houses.

Page generated in 0.04044 seconds with 8 queries