View Single Post
Old March 9, 2014, 10:58 PM   #108
psyfly

Re: Slopemeno: ...something they'd like to share.

Following is result of collecting some data after the fact from law enforcement, Hotel/Motel management, and witness(es).

Fall, 2004 (or, maybe, 2005; my memory isn't as good as it once was). Wife and I are watching Basketball game on Motel TV in small West Texas town after a hard day's work.

Lots of noise from down the way (turns out to have been two rooms down from us) lots of yelling followed by two rapid gunshots (we think the shooter was trying to "shoot the lock off" the subject door).

Lights out, I call 911 and find that 1.) I am not even the first to report, and 2.) Am told that response is in progress.

To the surprise (we think, anyway, from the admittedly poor vantage point of the floor of our dark room) of the original shooter, someone from within the room returns fire.

Twelve, maybe fifteen seconds later (I kid you not) first one, then another Sheriff's department car arives with sirens and lights on high.

Within two minutes we have the two Sheriiff's dept. cars, two State Trooper cars, and one City PD car in the parking lot and, soon, three male and one female individuals face down with handcuffs on the parking lot and a Sheriff's deputy asking people to "please remain in your rooms and close your doors".

Within about 20 minutes, everyone's gone except the Motel manager and a single state trooper.

Backstory: Individual A shows up in his truck with a buddy and, reportedly, sees his wife's car in the Motel parking lot. He accosts the nearest (and, luckily for us, correct, door) demanding that his wife be produced. After shots fired and arrivial of several LEO, everybody leaves.

I and my wife, behind our locked door in our blacked-out room survive well enough with my EDC close at hand.

Didn't have to deploy any armed response but the general issue continues to be of concern to me.

The San Antonio Spurs won.

Otherwise, AFAIK, nobody got hurt.

Best,

Will

Last edited by psyfly; March 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: sp

Page generated in 0.03371 seconds with 8 queries