View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012, 03:54 PM   #1
iraiam

Thinking of stopping gun show attendance

The gun shows around here have sure changed, I used to save my money specifically to attend and buy.

Nowdays, it seems that I find myself not buying at gun shows because prices are too high, or higher than retail. My latest example was last month I went to a gun show specifically to buy Beretta 92/M9 magazines. I found a dealer that had a supply of genuine Beretta 15 round plated magazines, he wanted $45 each. When I informed him that Beretta USA was under pricing him by $20 a magazine, he just shrugged his shoulders.

So I shrugged my shoulders, put my money back in the bank and ordered all the magazines I needed from Beretta USA. The same thing happened with a case of XM855 at the previous show I attended, of all places, Gander Mountain beat the best gun show ammo price.

Anyone else seeing things like this at the gun shows in their area? I think I could probably still save 5% on a new firearm at a gun show.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason

Last edited by iraiam; October 11, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.02242 seconds with 8 queries