View Single Post
Old October 6, 2012, 07:33 AM   #73
rodfac

While not my favorite caliber, it is a family perennial with both of my sons and one of our wives carrying it. Here's one of my favorites...a 50th Anniversary Ruger Flat Top with some after market grips and a shortened front sight to allow better use of 125 gr JHP's...I've carried this one quite a bit, in fact so much so that the six or eight shots daily I allow myself while fence running have cut down a pesky 6" dia. black locust tree that's cost me several tractor tires flats. (It's the thorny locust type). The grips are from Ajax...now defunct as I understand it.

That said, the best shooter we've collectively got is a 6" barreled S&W M19 that I've had since '73. It doesn't carry nearly as well as this 4-5/8" barreled Ruger. Best Regards, Rod

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.03015 seconds with 8 queries