View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
but for USPSA (IPSC in the USA),keep the muzzle down range and not pointed at your feet, and you are ok.
That seems different to IPSC "rest-of-world".

I've looked at the rules, and I've tried to cross-reference the rules and DQ criteria and I think that position SUL should be OK to use, provided the muzzle, even if pointed at the floor, does not orientate uprange. In other words, if I used SUL, but had to run uprange as part of the course of fire, I'd have to move my SUL configured hands towards my side and twist my back so that the muzzle was still "down range" even if at a even acute angle off the downward vertical.

The reason I ask is that, although IPSC is a sport and not a single-minded SD training program, instilling useful pistol positions as part of the competition is a good idea. Compressed pistol stances with the back of the slide up close to the breast-bone (sorry: don't know the name) are one way, but make running uprange even harder as there the muzzle in closer to the horizontal than the vertical.

In a purely defensive situation, I'd prefer not to be running with my gun and hand extended behind me: seems like something easy to grab, yet my existing IPSC methods would make that my uprange movement gun posistion.

Make sense?

If not, sorry: I am tired. New-borns and sleep don't go together even if my wife is protecting me from the worst by taking the brunt. (She's a star!! )

Page generated in 0.02102 seconds with 8 queries