View Single Post
Old September 13, 2015, 01:22 PM   #22
Clark

This video contains content from Disney, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

My father designed a number of armoured vehicles between 1946 and 1986.
He mostly peddled his wares to Detroit Arsenal and Rock Island Arsenal.
He complained of a General Brown that wanted space for big men. My father thought the USSR was designing for 5'6" operators and was having an easier time surrounding them in armour. My father never got a tank contract, just artillery, rocket launchers, armoured personnel carriers, and bulldozers. He had a winch design that sold well to the Israelis after the 67 war for retrieving Russian tanks abandoned by Egyptians.

My uncle was a Sherman Tank pilot at Normandy. He said the American ammo bounced off the German tanks and the German ammo could kill American tanks. He said it was frightening to see a wave of German tanks come over the hill towards him.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Page generated in 0.02287 seconds with 8 queries