View Single Post
Old February 13, 2009, 10:08 PM   #21
Maromero

Quote:
Yell that you have called 911 and that you have a gun and your going to use it.
Lock yourself and call 911 and warn in a loud and clear voice that you are armed, you called the cops and they are on the way. This is the safest and most prudent action to take. Most important, the phone call is being recorded and you are on record taking every precaution to avoid the intruder and warn him. That recording is your best witness in case the intruders pursue their intent and eventually die if you win that gunfight.

Quote:
Step 1... Dog #1 senses threat, then sounds alarm and self-deploys.
Step 2... Dog #2 sounds alarm and self-deploys.
Step 3... I arm myself and check my wife...who's already holding her cellphone & SIG.
Step 4... We listen carefully for unusual noises...like knocks on the door or screaming.
Step 5... Edit: Put pants on...
Step 6-1... Answer the door...give kid(s) a hug and remind them what time it is.
Step 6-2... Answer the door..."Yes, you can catfish but only take three"...remind them what time it is.
Step 6-3... Hear barking & screaming. Ask if anybody would like a paramedic...call 911.
Step 6-4... Hear shots, call 911, return fire as necessary.
Good point. It should be a system of defense. Think of target with rings from 5 to bullseye. Each ring represents a component of your system. Fence, watchdogs, patio lights with motion sensors, cameras?, window bars and door bars locks, ext., alarm system, safe room, weapons, ext. The list can get extremely creative, delusional and paranoid. The point is to make it so hard for an intruder that he chooses another target.

Last edited by Maromero; February 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.03459 seconds with 8 queries