View Single Post
Old November 7, 2001, 11:43 PM   #11
RevNate

I am glad to see this thread here and was encouraged by reading the posts. I, too take gun safety and hunting ethics seriously because my father instilled these values in both my brother and me. I am 25 years old. I don't remeber the first time I went hunting. I have pictures of me while I was still in diapers, sitting on dad's shoulders while we went hunting together. I remeber several deer hunting trips that never lasted over a half hour, but dad kept taking us along. I have the orange hunting vest that my mother made for me because there weren't any in the stores that were small enough. I killed my first squirrel when I was 6. It left an impression in my mind that I never forgot. I got my first handgun at 17. It never entered my mind to use a gun on anybody- unless I have to do it in defense of myself or my family. I look forward to the day when I have children of my own and can pass my experience on to them.

I made a hunter out of my wife and I gladly take anyone on a hunting trip who is willing to learn, willing to practice, and willing to go.

I think next time I see my dad I'll tell him how much I appreciate all he did. The ol' man can still out hunt me, but I'm catching up

RevNate

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries