View Single Post
Old December 24, 2008, 06:32 AM   #13
WeedWacker

Location: Body: Clarkston, Washington. Soul: LaCrosse, Wisconsin
between the 91/30 and the M44 is the M38 which has a folding bayonet attached to the right side. IIRC word has it that these are sighted in with bayonet extended so a resight is in order if you get one. Some say that shooting it will get you a jab in the hand if you are not careful which is why I have shied away.

Right now I have a 91/59 which is a refurbished 91/30 cut down to carbine length. More accurate and powerful than my SKS and with a few mods could be my scout carbine but that is still under debate.

If you want a bubba rifle get a 91/30 that has a decent bore and take a chopper to it (although it would be sad to see that happen ) shorten and recrown the barrel, drop it in a synthetic stock, glass bed and float the barrel, and add either a mojo peep or ATI scout rail and add a scout scope or a red dot/holo sight of some sort. I could see this coming to sub MOA with less than quality ammo.

If you have any more questions about markings (cartouches) go to the curio and relics forum and ask if you don't find them on 7.62x54r.net

Edit: here is a "bubba'd" rifle that had a lot of effort but into it to increase accuracy potential and further annoy those around you when firing this dragon

Page generated in 0.03930 seconds with 8 queries