View Single Post
Old October 3, 2010, 09:35 AM   #12
Sefner

Some states, MI included, give civil protections to people involved in self defense shootings, namely if the shooting is found to be justified then the shooter cannot be sued in civil court. This is a very general statement, but you get the idea.

I see no reason to shoot the guy. Mainly because if he wanted to kill someone he would have done it already, so he is a little shaky on the intent side of the threat triangle. Bank robbery is 10-20, murder is 20-life. As we say in economics, his threat is not credible. Be a good witness, remember EVERYTHING that happens, try to see what car he gets in, call 911 and set the phone on the floor (it will be recorded), look for any scars, facial hair, tattoos, mannerisms, of the perp. Identify the type of gun. If you did dial 911, whisper all of this information into the mouth piece. The dispatcher won't know what is going on but remember, it is recorded, and can all be made clear eventually. This information will lead to a much better outcome.

I also see no reason to say, on the internet, that you would shoot anyone. The last thing "therealdeal" needs is to walk into a bank and actually have to defend their self and the next thing you know the prosecutor or some shark lawyer finds this post. Suddenly you were planning the whole thing. And by the way "therealdeal" writes, if I were on the jury I might actually buy that. Maybe if you do rescue one of the hot blonde bank tellers (I'm sure they are hot and blonde) they might "reward" you. Sorry. I only did it cuz the mods made it ok.

Page generated in 0.03715 seconds with 8 queries