View Single Post
Old February 10, 2010, 11:04 AM   #13
Huck1969

To answer a question or two; it is a new P226 (Yes, the $800 variety), and the extractor that blew off, leaving an empty "slot" on the right side of the slide where it fits. The charge is well under max; I never load at max for any caliber. I will reconsider possibly pulling all 300 bullets but with a load well below max, and having weighed all the loaded rounds (case, pmr. bullet and powder intact), and sorted out only three that were half a grain more than the 25.4 grains average (probably due to slightly heavier bullets) I know the powder loads are below a max load. Given that, sounds like the advice to pull all the bullets would also include advice to discard the brass and I may decide to do just that. However, given what I have tested thus far, that seems very conservative; still, I may do just that for peace of mind.
Everything we do when reloading is in some way based on probabilities, with no guarantees. I and don't say that to sound reckless; I am cautious by nature. Carrier landings were hazardous but not reckless; yet the only way to eliminate landing accidents at the ship was to never attempt them. Thanks again for the input.

Page generated in 0.03641 seconds with 8 queries