View Single Post
Old October 15, 2009, 02:40 PM   #11
Technosavant

Quote:
well i guess ense everybody is assumeing i have no knowledge on how to use a firearm, i must be some idiot huh? i cant show off what my shotgun looks like because im just going to get lectured of how i apparently i cant shoot according to yall ***
OK, I'll bite.

1) If you want to be treated as someone who is intelligent and competent, it might help to type in regular sentences with proper capitalization and punctuation. While you might well have all kinds of firearm experience, all we can go on is how you behave here. Typing like you are IM'ing your buddies generally doesn't come across as erudite.

1a) Neither does resorting to insults.

2) Instead of just saying what you did, try explaining why you made the additions, what you hope to gain from making the additions, and how you feel they have changed the feel of the gun. I have a Blackhawk/Knoxx stock on my 870 Tac-2, and it's one thing to say that you have one. It's quite another to say that you added one and felt that it really tamed recoil while helping control the shotgun by providing a somewhat more effective geometry for the trigger hand even though a good cheek weld is harder to get (all are true in my experience). Just coming in and announcing you added a bunch of bolt ons without saying how they work in practice just tend to make us look at a poster as though they learned everything they need to know about firearms from Counterstrike instead of somebody who is actually out running ammo through the thing.

3) Knowing and having experience with a firearm doesn't automatically translate to being able to employ a tricked out firearm as an actual weapon. Training helps. Even if you can't afford the time or cost of a real combat class, taking a shotgun out to a skeet/trap/sporting clays club for a few rounds will help you understand and gain familiarity with the thing. Want to feel like you can use it "fo' reals?" Take that pump gun and have at some skeet doubles- you get to work on leading a moving target, hitting a small target, engaging multiple targets, and learning how to pump it fast without short stroking, and you'll do that ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

4) Still no pics.

Still, dude, you may want to ditch the aggressive attitude- such things don't go over well here. We're quite welcoming of those with less politically correct firearms (heck, some of us are all about them), but stomping around like you're king of everything that goes bang usually translates to a short tenure.

Page generated in 0.03409 seconds with 8 queries