Thread: Rifle laws
View Single Post
Old January 24, 2009, 09:25 AM   #13
rampage841512

I live a few miles east of Gardendale, near Birmingham, outside of city limits. I do a lot shooting on my own property and have never had any complaints. When I moved here about 8 months ago I contacted the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office about shooting on my land and in a nutshell was told as long as I had a decent backstop and wasn't doing anything that could be deemed menacing (pointing my guns at neighbors houses, passing cars, people, etc) there was no law to stop me.

I also took a good long look at Alabama's criminal code and couldn't find anything to worry about.

But, of course, I'm shooting on my land so that makes it a lot easier. A lot of people shoot in the old strip mines around this area and usually the most they have to worry about is being told to leave. I'd ask around at some local PDs to see if they can suggest a safe place for you to shoot that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. Some friends of mine have had some luck with this. I'm pretty sure the Jefferson County Sheriff's department will allow you to use their range for free on Saturdays provided you call ahead and that there is not training going on that day.

Page generated in 0.02663 seconds with 8 queries