View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 10:29 AM   #68
Gaerek

I might be posting this in the wrong place, and if I am, I apologize. But either way, it relates to the Gun bill and the possible amendments. I read somewhere that there was an amendment that appeared to have wide spread support that would effectively give nationwide CCW reciprocity. Did I read correctly? If so, where can I find more info on it. This seems like it might be a good thing. The only problem I can see with it is a quid pro quo amendment from democrats. Thanks guys for keeping track of these things, and helping us who aren't as good at this kind of stuff informed.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1316458

Reading that, Schumer is an idiot. He thinks that a criminal (who won't be able to pass a background check to get a permit, by the way) will just go through the trouble of getting a permit in another state just to carry in NYC and turn Times Square into the "OK Corral." Or, they'll just do what they do anyway...not care about what a piece of plastic (the permit) says they can do, and just carry anyway...

ANOTHER EDIT:

Quote from Schumer that makes me sick to my stomach (emphasis mine)...

Quote:
Times Square is different than rural Wyoming, and our police don’t need even law abiding citizens having the right to carry guns.
He said it in the quote...that carrying a gun is a right, but he wants to take it away. If it were a privilege, that'd be one thing, but we have a right...and he even calls it that! Makes me absolutely sick. Not to mention that I think a law abiding citizen needs a gun more in Time Square than in rural Wyoming...

Last edited by Gaerek; April 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 8 queries