View Single Post
Old September 27, 2008, 09:02 PM   #2
kimbershot

awc

hi,
i own an amphibian 11. had it since april this year. the recommended ammo is high speed remingtons--but basically it works best with any plated ammo. i use cheap walmart feds and remington hp's--36gr. i also have 40 gr. winc hester hp plated.

i did install volquartsen trigger group, as standard ruger has alot of slack and creep. the weapon is very quiet. i shoot in my basement as well as at a friend's property (off deck). people in adjacent room inside house--maybe 8 feet away are unaware of any shooting activity. someone standing 10-15 feet away outside--only hears gun cycling--and no report.

i shoot wet and dry, with wet being even quieter. you need about 1 tablespoon of water, though instructions call for more--gets too messy.

i don't shoot with muffs--not necessary.

cleaning--i shoot maybe 250-300 rounds before i field strip it. i use non clorinated brake cleaner spray on lower (grips removed), followed by scrubbing with a toothbrush and oiling. i soak the can and bolt in a pvc tube with endcaps that i fill with kerosene. then i wire brush the barrel, wash out in hot soapy water and reassemble the whole thing.

accuracy is pretty good--but i am a plinker and keep my shooting to no more than 50 ft. (25 feet more the norm).

i hope this proves helpful.

kimbershot

Page generated in 0.02219 seconds with 8 queries