Thread: Rossi 972
View Single Post
Old January 22, 2014, 09:40 PM   #3
ckpj99

I really don't have anything against Rossi or Taurus. I have very little experience with them, but if I had $500 to spend on a gun, I'd buy used. You can get very nice used Ruger GP-100 (maybe even a Security Six or Speed Six). You can get a used Smith, both of mine were under $450.

The thing is that guns are generally durable items, and you can read the revolver checkout at the top of the forum to learn how to make sure you're not buying a lemon or something that was neglected. It's not all that hard unless you're looking at really old Colts or single actions or stuff like that.

I'm not saying a Rossi is a bad gun, I'm just saying you can get more gun for the money buying used and if you do your homework (like 45 minutes of reading), it's a low risk deal. Hell, if I was really on a budget, I'd look for a used Rossi/Taurus, you can probably get those for under $300.

To directly answer your question, the Rossi seems priced right. You might be able to save $20 if you find it at a gun show or local shop, but $399 is pretty much what they go for. I've seen new GP-100 listed new for as low as $600, but $650 is a more typically price.

Page generated in 0.03259 seconds with 8 queries