View Single Post
Old February 16, 2001, 11:44 AM   #4
Hipower

Near DC there are a couple of IPSC clubs but not much for IDPA. There is one IPSC club out near Winchester VA, and one at Quantico. You can get info on them from the IPSC Area 8 web site.

NRA does IDPA, but their format leaves a little to be desired. For me, it's hard to get a slot since they shoot on a weeknight, and you need to remember to sign up the week before the match if you want a slot. It's also hard to shoot a qualifier, since they have in the past limited the qualifier to new shooter comming into IDPA, that take the familiarization class they give.

Down south, there are a couple of clubs that shoot IDPA. Cavilier and (I think)Rivanna both shoot IDPA.

There is also a IDPA club that shoots at Storm Mountain in WV. They've held the WV state IDPA championships there a couple of time and it was absolutely first rate. Even guys that shoot as lousy as me, had a good time!

Monacacy Pistol Club in Frederick MD has steel plate and bowling pin shoots that (I think) are open to the public.

My advice would be to join VSSA as soon as you get to VA. (I know you're not moving to DC or the Peoples Republik of Maryland.) The VSSA newspaper (The Bullet) has a pretty comprehensive list of competitions in the state for all shooting disciplines.

Page generated in 0.03620 seconds with 8 queries