View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013, 09:37 PM   #5
Dr Big Bird PhD

Quote:
1) do you shoot alot of steel cased ammo out of the gun ? If so do you clean the chamber really well after ? As I'm sure you know steel cased ammo some times does not seal the chamber completely and you can get blow back and build up in the chamber . When the softer brass expands in the worm dirty-ish chamber the case can stick . This it what helps contribute to wearing of or broken extractors.
Never have used steel case, and wont unless SHTF, but thats different and trivial to think about haha.

Quote:
2) Bad extractor or spring
Leaning towards the spring. The case is always extracting correctly, it is just simply not ejecting out of the port and causing a jam.

Quote:
3) how did the cases look . I'm just getting in to reloading and I remember reading something about if the neck of the case expands to much it can stick to the (something ) I don't remember I want to say rifling but that does not sound right but there was something about the case expanding to much and sticking .
Cases looked fine. All factory ammunition. If its an ammo issue then my ammo just doesn't like Fiocchi or Hornady

Quote:
Extractor, extractor spring, insert and O ring. All are cheap, easy to swap out.
This is what I am leaning towards the most. Attached I provided the specific issue (albeit with live ammo) and the BCG

Updated Analysis is greatly appreciated

Edit: The first image was upside down, fixed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (68.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg photo (1).jpg (124.1 KB, 24 views)
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 9 queries