View Single Post
Old September 26, 2013, 04:27 PM   #22
NinjasHateCommies

Great, Thanks.

I think that the cleaner might have acted as a lubricant and increased the pin movement. This combined with the commercial Winchester LR primers...
Bam.Bam.

At the Range yesterday I asked a regular who is there all th time with a bunch of Garands. He said that another guy had a slamfire because some gun oil got into the bolt......Bing..Bing ...Bing The light went on in my head as I realized that I was Guilty of the same mistake. I did not use oil but Hops #9 is pretty darn close to it....

RE: Flatened Primers and ICH Separation. After I got The RCBS MIC ran a bunch of fired cases.

They are all +5 +/- 1/2 thousands of an inch. After being fired in the M1A.
New unfired Factory Ammo (SMK 168-175Gr.) PNW, Remmington Match and Aussie Outback all run: -2 to -3 thousands of an inch.
After I measured the batch that separated they all came in at -10 to -12 thousands of an inch. SCARRY.

Each time they are fired they have expanded by +15 to +17 thousands of an inch. I believe that offers a goood explanation as to why the cases were destroyed.

Since the chamber is +5 I think I will adjust my Die to +1 to + 2 that way they will only expand by 3-4 instead of +15 to +17.

what do you guys think?????

Last edited by NinjasHateCommies; September 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.03206 seconds with 8 queries