View Single Post
Old June 28, 1999, 02:06 PM   #14
Bubba

...from concealment....

Interesting point. Before I started, I went to the main site to read the rules. Looked like concealment was a requirement there. Took my jacket to my first match. Nobody was shooting from concealment. ????? Oh well.. when in Rome... A few matches later a stage was set up requireing concealment. You should have heard the complaining. sheesh. The Republic of Texas Championships will shoot ALL stages from concealment. A couple of members were overheard this past weekend to say they would have to go buy a vest or light weight jacket for that match. Now, it is hot doww here in these Texas summers. And I don't mind at all not having to wear a vest in 95 degree heat with 75% humidity.. But I do firmly believe the course of fire should focus on shooting from concealment whenever possible. In many cases today, I still shoot and practice from concealment. Cuz thats the way I will have to shoot if ever a "real world" reason to shoot happens.

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739
====
It is long been a principal of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully. - Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02342 seconds with 8 queries