View Single Post
Old October 25, 2005, 04:17 AM   #1
seth

Newbie to Hunting....need information!

Hi. I have never hunted in my life, but I want to, but I have a few questions (and issues).

1) I live in Hawaii (Oahu). There's pretty much nothing to kill here but mongoose and wild boars. Gotta be crazy to eat either too because of the lepto spirosis and parasites they have.
2) Ethics. While some or many may disagree with me, I would feel uncomfortable killing an unarmed, innocent animal just for "Fun" (unless it was armed with a gun too and had human intelligence). I get a kick out of hunting people down in airsoft and paintball though
I would feel comfortable about killing an animal for food, though (or if they are dangerous to others) I would either learn how to properly prepare the meat, or give the meat away to families I know locally who know how to make use of the animal.
3) Questions about firearms. I've seen muzzle loading "muskets" used as well as slingshot pistols that shoot ball bearing. Where and when do you use such exotic weapons? I thought black powder muzzle loaders were a thing of the past until I read about them being used in hunting. What advantages do these weapons have over the revolvers and semiauto I was planning on buying when it comes to "the hunt?"

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02241 seconds with 8 queries