View Single Post
Old April 9, 2012, 06:14 AM   #1
CapnTibbz

KEL-TEC 22 Broken Firing Pin Fix

If you're cheap, and or don't want to wait for a new firing pin from Numrich (www.gunpartscorp.com). You can fabricate a new one using common household items.

First off, you need to start with a peice of metal that is thick enough to fit into the firing pin slot on the bolt assembly.
For this I used a house hold kitchen knife. Used a sawzall and cut it to size of the original firing pin.

And after you have sketched the old firing pin, take a grinding wheel, or a dremel tool and shift the kitchen knife blade into an almost exact duplicate of the firing pin.

This is a rough how-to, if you need a detailed description and a step by step feel free to contact me and i'll send you the guidelines.

Remember after you have crafted the pin, make sure you take high grain sanding wheel and shine the part so you dont have any rough edges that would prevent it from traveling with the firing pin spring within the bolt.

*Caution* Remember, when you are fabricating gun parts, you may not always make the part to factory specifications. And there is a chance the weapon may or may not fire. There is a chance the weapon could miss fire or hang fire. Use protection when testing the part. Z-87 rated Eyewear, hearing protection. And assume a modified one handed firing position with pistols. With your arm extended bladed with your body, and head facing away from the weapon keeping the barrel of the weapon pointed at the target. *Caution*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0335.JPG (147.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0329.JPG (125.5 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0332.JPG (141.5 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by CapnTibbz; April 9, 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.08340 seconds with 9 queries