View Single Post
Old March 18, 2010, 07:39 AM   #13
Crosshair

Quote:
Nullification is an old pipe dream. The Constitution clearly says that federal law trumps state law. This is a stupid waste of resources and money better spent in getting laws repealed, changed, or enacted, that are not jousting at windmills.
The constitution also clearly says: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The only reason the federal government gets away with what it does today is from the bastardization of the commerce clause. The federal government never had the power that it does, it usurped it after FDR packed the courts.

It most certainly not a waste of resources. It challenges the status quo that has led our country to the mess that it is in today.
Quote:
I have yet to hear anyone tell me exactly which federal law is it that should be nullified, other than all of them.
We could get rid of the entire department of energy and department of education and few people would notice. Other than the fact that there was much less useless paperwork.

PATRIOT act is another. Laws restricting interstate sales of health insurance another. Repeal federal drug laws, let the states figure it out cause what we are doing now isn't working. Ditch the 21 minimum drinking age. Get rid of the TSA. I'd think of more but I need to get to work.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries