View Single Post
Old August 19, 1999, 04:43 PM   #4
DonL

Many moons ago, I had a Ruger MkII at a local `smith, who I met at an area gun and knife show, getting it tuned and a adjustable aftermarket trigger installed. No problemo, not a big job, was told 2-1/2 to 3 weeks with his then-current backlog.

At 2-1/2 weeks, he calls to let me know that the trigger had a problem, and after his usual trigger job, wasn't safe. I was told that this particular trigger was probably right on the edge of factory specs, and he admitted he should have checked it first.

He informed me that two of his regular sources were backordered on the type of trigger he originally installed, but he would order a better trigger, have it overnighted to him, eat the cost difference, and have my MkII ready within a week, if that was okay with me. "Um, it's no big deal, really, but sure, whatever you think is fair."

I've owned this Ruger for about 15 years now, it still shoots great, and I sure miss that old coot. He passed away about 9 or 10 years ago.

His secrets to the many friends and customers (he considered all his customers friends) was his honesty, his communication, and his willingness to satisfy a good faith deal. They hardly make `em like that anymore.

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arms reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Page generated in 0.04096 seconds with 8 queries