Thread: luger p08
View Single Post
Old September 9, 2002, 08:36 PM   #1
fubsy

luger p08

I need an idea of the price of a luger p08....it has a 4 digit serial nbr 46xx, 4" barrel, plastic grips, and original magazine marked p08, it has a mark which is a v with three horizontal stripes threw it and a lightly hit version of the same mark immediately beside it, makes me think that the first strike wasnt acceptable and they struck the mark again, it also has the swastika beside those marks. All of the parts that are marked have what appear to be numbers that correspond to the last two digits of the serial number. there is the number 42 on the top of the reciver and the letters byf on the latch on the top.......I believe that is the mauser designation and the 42 is the year of manufactuer.....the pistol in appearance would grade out in the low to high 90's, there is a small portion of the barrel with a mild rusting, very mild and very small. This pistol belongs to a friend who would like to sell it. I have a limited knowledge of these firearms.....so any opinions would help, I would like to see him get a good value for this pistol. This pistol was a ww2 bring back, he picked it off of the officer after joining up with Gen. Pattons' crew at the battle of the bulge, he has had it ever since.
There is also a winchester mdl 97 in pretty good shape, would I be better off offering this to the cowboy action shooters? it shows some blueing wear, but nothing out of the ordinary... whats a price range on these?
thankyou ...fubsy.

Page generated in 0.03878 seconds with 8 queries