View Single Post
Old November 7, 2002, 06:12 PM   #31
Correia

You quite obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I have met these guys in person. In their business credibility comes before money. In fact credibility and reputation is how they make their money. Loose credibility, and suddenly you are just another hack writer with your wonder gun of the week. Keep credibility and they keep their targeted audience, keep the target audience of subscribers and the advertisers will come.

I have met Rich, Denny, Ashley, Rob, Brent, and Flint. They have credibility. They have honor. If they say they are impressed by a piece of gear, I’m going to believe them. Regardless of whether or not the manufacturer advertises in their magazine. I have disagreed with some of their opinions, but then again I know that those opinions are honestly founded in their experience and background. NOT in advertising dollars.

As for what kind of person Rich is when it comes to integrity and money, he won’t even accept a discount from me on any TFL gear, and I’ve tried to give him one. And this is on merchandise that I sell on HIS board. Using his LOGO. And even then he doesn’t want ANYTHING in exchange, and in fact thinks that it is not fair for him to have anything cheaper than any of the regular people on TFL.

Rich is also the kind of person who is stubborn enough to eat a lit cigarette rather than move to a no smoking area when he feels he is being bossed around. I can’t imagine him being cowed by any advertiser.

So 00, maybe you should refrain from talking trash about people you know nothing about.
Correia is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries