View Single Post
Old October 1, 2013, 06:42 PM   #16
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

While far from knowledgeable on sectional density etc... I did take the job of mod here so let me put that hat on first...

I do not think we can completely win either argument regarding this exact load comparison... No matter ho slight in percentile, if one pellet has an advantage of a pellet that is smaller but faster at the muzzle there is that advantage...

As is the fact that the overall numbers do bear that the magnum is not worth any additional recoil or cost for such a slight advantage...

Lets agree to disagree on preference if we must... but these are not some super duper yote shooter 85 yard wonder round...

MOD HAT OFF NOW...

As for me personally, I am fine buying the 2 3/4 #3 buck (#2 if I ever find any) patterns and performs fine at HD range and even out a decent piece at deer or yotes in the woods...

I did, however, buy 2 boxes of Federal 20 gauge 3 inch 18 pellet #2 simply because that was on the shelf at bass pro and I been slap out of buck for HD for near a year... Other than that I got 7 1/2 promo pack or slugs for HD...

It will suffice until I burn it off after restocking on cheap 2 3/4 buck I always used...

Brent

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 8 queries