View Single Post
Old October 25, 2006, 01:49 AM   #3
stephen426

Quote:
I'm an old guy and yes somedays I have that problem. Depends on how tired I am and when I ate last, how I feel and the weather and if my wife is mad.
This pretty much sums it up for me. If you are hungry, your hands will be a lot less steady and your groups will open up considerably. Also, if you are tired, your eyes will have difficulty focusing on the target and you will fatigue more easily while trying to hold the gun steady. Consider going easy on the caffeine as well since too much will give you the jitters. For DWARREN123, the weather may affect him due to arthritis, since he is older. Stress levels also affect your ability to focus on the sights and how steady your hands are. Stress also may lead you to jerk the trigger or flinch.

Other than that, its like the Michelob slogan... "Some days are better than others."

Practice, practice, practice and your bad days will get fewer. Just be sure to always evaluate yourself or have a range buddy critique you to see if you are making certain errors. I hope this helps.

Page generated in 0.02337 seconds with 8 queries