View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 08:50 AM   #154
overhead

A man that shot and killed 8 people in Appomattox, Va in 2010 was sentenced yesterday. The reason I mention this man, Christopher Speight, is because seeing he was sentenced reminded me of the way he was captured.

Long story short, this guy shot members of his family and friends of his family. The police arrived and had him "surrounded" in a wooded area. During the time they had him surrounded, he managed to shoot the state police helicopter forcing it to land. Anyway, the police set up a perimeter around the wooded area and waited. The next morning, a man walk up from *outside* of the perimeter and stood with the police and a roadblock. The police decided to tell the guy to leave, the guy said "I could have killed you all if I wanted to" or something to that effect.

My point being, setting up a secure perimeter in a wooded area is not as easy as it sounds. It was going to be dark soon at that cabin and trying to contain this nutball was going to get more difficult.

That is not to say the police were correct in their actions, it is only to say that setting up a secure perimeter before night fell in a wooded area might not be as easy as it sounds.

Page generated in 0.02980 seconds with 8 queries