View Single Post
Old July 3, 2012, 04:49 PM   #9
BigJimP

I was at a buddies used gun shop an hour or two ago ....and he has a couple of model 42's in inventory ....one standard ...and one the next grade up ...they're both on consignment.../ asking price is $ 2,500 on the std one and $ 3,000 on the other one.

My buddy told me - quietly - that if he gets an offer for $1,000 on either one - the seller might take it / because noone has given them a serious look in months / and they've been there at least 3 months.

Another older gun ...that is discussed on this forum a lot ...is the Browning Auto 5 ....and my buddy has at least 15 of them in inventory ...12ga, 16ga, etc....and says he's quit taking them in on consignment or in trades / he can't sell them - except on a rare occasion / even if they are in excellent condition.

On the flip side...he can sell all the used BPS Hunter models he can get.../ has 2 of them used now ...( he tries to keep new ones in stock on 12ga, 20ga and a 28ga ...) but he's been having trouble getting them, except in 12ga.../ and he can sell all the used Beretta O/U's he can get ...and all the used Browning Citori O/U's he can get...( he told me he has at least 3 buyers, for my Citori XS Skeet model in .410 if I ever decide to sell it ...I bought it from him - so he knows I paid about $ 2,400 for it a few yrs ago ....and he says he can easily sell it for around $ 3,000 today --- but its not for sale / like most of my guns --- but he keeps asking - just in case I change my mind).

If these model 42's were pigeon grades...my buddy says he easily sell them for around $5,000....and lots of buyers on that grade..../ but some of this might vary by the region of the country as well. Just one perspective....

Page generated in 0.03374 seconds with 8 queries