View Single Post
Old September 1, 2013, 11:42 AM   #8
arizona98tj

Quote:
Interesting perspective, had actually never considered that.

The area just lends itself to better concealment, I have tried on the side, but unless I am wearing X or XX shirts it is pretty easy to notice something is under there, where do you keep yours and is it a full size?

When I am in my car I take it out anyway unless I plan to only be there a short time.

I have been considering just buying a smaller one for CC, but I really like this one and I am quite handy with it, I would hate to be in a need for it and not my weapon of choice (or accuracy for that matter)
You made a couple of comments that were interesting....one being that you remove your XD when you are in the car. A properly designed holster allows one to keep the handgun on your person at all times, period. It is an indication that your holster solution is doing just what it should be doing when you can transition into and out of various situations without even realizing your handgun is on you. You were compensating for the very poor "carry method" you were using and really didn't realize it, IMO. Small of back carry is about the worst place I can think of to keep a handgun. I would carry it off person before ever resulting to that.

Anyway, one company you may consider is Concealment Solutions. Their Black Mamba is popular, albeit I don't use it as I prefer their OWB holster, the Sidewinder, which works well for me and the price is great considering it is a hybrid holster (leather and kydex). I use it with my XD9sc.

You also mention the possibility of getting a smaller CCW handgun. While some do it well, concealing a full sized handgun is more of a challenge than a sub-compact or smaller. I used to do it with my full sized XD9 but never was satisfied with the results. A smaller platform took care of that issue for me.

Since you are familiar with the XD platform, here is a photo I took of mine that gives you an idea of how your full sized compares to other models. Of course, the Kahr PM9 makes a smaller foot print. I really enjoy my XD9 sub-compact. I swear it shoots better than the other XD handguns I own.

Page generated in 0.03239 seconds with 8 queries