View Single Post
Old January 13, 2009, 11:29 AM   #9
chadflys

"Amen" Melchloboo

This might be the only bit of philosophy I feel I understand. Sorry to be so philsophical too. I'm new here to both worlds in shooting, but my background since highschool has been golf. Your right on with that analogy relating golf with bullseye competition. The other side of me has been martial arts. Right again with the analogy between IDPA and combat. To keep it simple repetition, technique and muscle memory are of upmost importance. From my experience the two different aspects are very much interrelated to become a "true master of the weapon". One aspect of the martial arts these days that is neglected is meditation. In simple terms again, calming the mind and visualizing the outcome of the task. Its what this instant gratification world today finds wrong or frusterating........It takes to long.....Today most of us are "jacks of all trades and masters of none" But long story short....Mastering the mind is by far the most difficult. Its a journey not a destination. Enjoy.......Thanks for everyones insight on my Ruger shopping, sight selection, model, etc...
Chad

Page generated in 0.03640 seconds with 8 queries