View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Ron7624

Sig P238 Trigger Bite

I've been carrying the Colt Mustang Pocketlite for several years, and I have never had a problem. It is an accurate and dependable pistol.
I just bought a Sig P238 several weeks ago, and am very impressed with the Siglite Night Sights. I really, really like them, a lot and want to carry this pistol because of them.
But, after my first round at the range with the Sig, I was extremely disappointed how sharp the end of the plastic trigger was. I found it uncomfortable to shoot, so I continued to carry the Mustang.
I've been looking to buy a better trigger so I can start to use this new gun. Although there was one posted elseware in the forum, I haven't investigated buying it. So today I decided to fix the trigger that came on the pistol. I took a small file, taped up the trigger guard and gently took that razor edge off of the bottom of that trigger. Wow, it worked like a champ. Went back to the range this afternoon and went through a bunch of handloads and a box of commercial stuff. From round nose to JHP, and mixing Colt and Sig magazines, I never a hiccup, and best of all no trigger bite.
I will start carrying the Sig now that it is shootable, and I’ll keep my trusty Mustang at the ready.

Page generated in 0.02153 seconds with 8 queries