View Single Post
Old September 10, 2012, 06:43 AM   #9
Cycrops

Quote:
1.265" is long for a SWC. The plunk test will guide you.
Sure enough, the 1.265 loads would not pass the plunk test. I ended up coming back to 1.235" before they passed reliably. Seems like I should still be safe pressure-wise with 4.5 grains of Bullseye.

Quote:
I know this load is higher than what you found as max but I am also using a hollow based bullet at a longer seating length.
I ended up individually weighing all of my 9mm loads to be 3.4-3.5 grains. What a pain. If I can't get my measure to throw more reliably I may try a different powder for 9mm.

Quote:
Did you clean the powder measure really good inlcuing the inside of ? Are you using a baffle in the powder tube? Are you double tapping on the up and down strokes to make certain the measuring chamber fills with powder and then is dropping the full charge?
I did not initially clean the powder measure, but after cleaning with rubbing alcohol I was getting similarly erratic results. I believe I should be lubricating it with powdered graphite, so I'll give that a try.

There is a baffle in the tube.

I am using the knocker.

Thanks again for the advice and suggestions. I now have 50 rounds of .45 ACP and 50 of 9mm, so I'll be trying them out this morning.

Page generated in 0.03520 seconds with 8 queries