View Single Post
Old August 6, 2012, 11:01 PM   #29
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
There is nothing in the statutes of Texas regarding printing.
That is true, as far as it goes. The law basically says that the person can't intentionally fail to conceal the gun.

I wouldn't take that to mean that printing is a total non-issue, however. Unlike the laws about public indecency, there is no careful definition of what constitutes "failing to conceal".

If, in spite of a token effort to cover the gun, it is still clearly detectable to the ordinary observer and the CHL holder obviously must understand this to be true then there's a good argument to be made that the CHL holder is intentionally failing to conceal the gun and is therefore in violation of the law.

My take is that the law makes it clear that a CHL holder must make a reasonable attempt to conceal the firearm. I think we all print unintentionally from time to time and that's clearly not illegal. On the other hand, TX CHL holders who know and don't care that their gun is always obviously printing are, in my opinion, intentionally failing to conceal and therefore are not acting in accord with the letter or spirit of the law.

Page generated in 0.02204 seconds with 8 queries