Thread: FFL
View Single Post
Old September 18, 2008, 10:04 PM   #8
shaman

all of the following applies only if you are not a convicted felon and are of legal age.

it is legal to buy rifles, shotguns and pistols in texas face to face from an individual who is also a resident of texas

having a firearm shipped into texas from another state requires an FFL(read gunshop) to recieve it.

you order the weapon, have your FFL send the required information to the seller and the seller ships the weapon to your FFL.

you go to your FFL, fill out the federal paperwork, he calls it in for instant background check and once that is done(ive never seen it take over ten minutes except one time when some system was down and i had to come back next day) he hands you the weapon. most of them charge a slight fee for this service.

thats it in texas. you dont have to do any other kind of registration or permitting to own the weapon.

other states have different rules. for instance, i am from texas, am a resident there, but am working temporarily in washington state. i can buy rifles and shotguns here from an FFL, but no pistols. i cannot buy face to face from a washington resident. it must go through an FFL.

Page generated in 0.02422 seconds with 8 queries