View Single Post
Old February 6, 2014, 11:37 PM   #1
keithdog

Northern winter CC options.

My concern here is concealed carry during winter in the northern states. Here in northern Indiana this winter, it's been brutal. Average daily temps in the teens, with tons of snow and heavy wind. So when I am out and about, it's heavy clothing which includes a long heavy parka. One might think simply putting your gun into one of the pockets of the parka might be an option. WRONG! Even though I carry a 9mm S&W Shield, it's obvious I have something in my coats pocket. My son, who works at the mall, tells me that I would be pulled aside by mall security in a heart beat to see what's in my coats pocket. If you carry in an OWB holster, you will still need to unzip and open your parka to access your hand gun, and if your wearing gloves, which is normal wear in sub zero temps, accessing your gun is even harder and more time consuming. A shoulder holster might be easier as long as the winter coat is on, but not always convenient once your inside an establishment. So, for my northern brethren, what is choice for CC in winter when wearing heavy clothing is imperative?

Page generated in 0.02172 seconds with 8 queries