View Single Post
Old May 11, 2013, 07:44 PM   #4
Boomer58cal

You know a few years back I'd have said no like others here have said, but not today. About 3 years ago I received a 770 in 7mm mag as a gift. The only things that mark against it are the sticky when new bolt and the plastic stock. I polished the now super slick bolt and it will make mickey mouse heads at 100yrds. The only reason I'd pick my Springfield or enfield over it in a shtf situation is the stock. I wouldn't be stunned if it broke in combat conditions. If you're looking for a cost effective hunting rifle the 770 will fill that bill. The scope that comes with it is cheap but functional, so count on changing scope at some point.

If your budget is limited the 770 will serve you well. If you can spent a few hundred more you could do a bit better, but you'll have to spend double or more for something far better.

Ok. Time for the $1000 rifle snobs to chime in.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer58cal; May 11, 2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: can't type

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 8 queries