View Single Post
Old August 22, 2013, 09:03 AM   #36
Tactical Jackalope

Nice question, I love my Glocks. Specifically my Glock 19, which is my CCW. Trained with it a lot and shot it a lot. Love that damn thing.

I also have an M&P-9 and I really feel like that is up to par with my Glock. It's an amazing firearm, really comfortable, and made in the USA. (Glocks are now too but mine aren't USA Glocks)

If I wasn't so invested in my Glock 19 as my CCW. Holsters, training, etc. I might consider making a switch to the M&P-9 that sits comfortably in my safe.

Another thing that I have to mention though is the trigger reset...yes, this again. The reset of my Glocks are audible and tactile. I've trained with the reset on my Glock 19 down to a T. The M&P doesn't have that same audible or tactile reset.

Why not drop in an Apex trigger kit? Goes against my cardinal rule of modifying the internals of any concealed carry handgun. I just won't do it. I haven't either because I still might want to carry it some day, if I do that it'll be like any 1911 is to me. A range gun.

So my next option is train and get used to the M&P-9..which means more ammo and holsters. I've mentioned holsters because I have a lot for my Glock 19, OWB, IWB, w/ tac light, w/o tac light, appendix, strong side, 3:00...etc.

So in the end...I'm staying with my Glock 19.

If I was introduced to them both at the same time? It would be a tough call, but I might have just gone with the M&P. Who knows...

Page generated in 0.03164 seconds with 8 queries