Thread: Deer Baiting
View Single Post
Old April 25, 2013, 06:20 PM   #37
buck460XVR

Quote:
What really "chaps" me is when we spend good money leasing a nice piece of timber to hunt, and two weeks before the season the loggers move in and chase all the deer out of the woods. I know that the timber companies make their living cutting down trees, but if they plan to cut a plot of timber, they shouldn't lease that plot for hunting.

Around here, I actively seek out areas being logged on public land during deer season as the sound of chain saws and logging activity seems to attract more deer than scare them away. One of the largest bucks I ever shot bow hunting came thru my stand headin' to an area being logged before the dust settled from the last truck out. As they left, I could hear everything the loggers said as they packed up their tools for the day. I was that close. I actually thought it was the sound of their footsteps I heard instead of the buck's. Many folks avoid hunting these areas because of the mess the loggers make, but the perimeter is easy to access and funnels the deer.

Page generated in 0.03429 seconds with 8 queries