View Single Post
Old February 20, 2012, 12:10 AM   #67
C0untZer0

Quote:
The R9 is pushing the limits of how physically small you can make a 9mm semi-automatic
I beleive this is true. If you look at the problems that other gun makers have had with their slides cracking, sheering off the frame, pieces shattering, or just plain not working, I think it gets extremely difficult to engineer a gun this small shooting the 9mm.

I think you also see this issue arising in that when a gun maker finally gets it to work - it only works across a small range of ammunition. If the pistols fire 124gr through 147gr, they can't seem to cycle 115gr ammo. The parameters that they are designing to are extremely narrow. The Kahrs seem to be the only pistols that can fire 115 through 147

I think the opposite is true... I have a Glock 17L supposedly with all the wrong parts - the extractor and ejector that is suppossed to ploink you in the head and all that. I haven't had any problems with it and I think the larger gun makes for a wider set of parametrs where recoil impulse, slide speed and all the physics of it can vary within a wider margin and still function correctly.

Anyway, the Rohrbaugh isn't a disposable gun, you need to go to the Rohrbaugh forum to get better info on it. There are some staunch defenders of the Rohrbaugh there though who tend to get emotional if the pistol is criticized. That happens - the same thing happens on GlockTalk if you say something bad about Glocks

But in general you can get decent information on the pistol.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?board=9.0

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries