View Single Post
Old January 5, 2013, 01:22 AM   #7
SerenityNetworks

Update:

I was able to get out a little while this evening and peek through a few scopes. I checked out the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 and WHOA what clarity! It beat the Nikons I looked through hands down. IMO it also beat the Leupolds; and aquisition of a sight picture seemed much more difficult with the Leupolds. I couldn't see that the NightForce were any better than the Vortex.

The Vortex I looked at had the EBR-1 reticle, which was okay, but not what I had in mind. I do see on the Vortex web site that they have a Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP model with an XLR reticle that seems to be more of what I was looking to find. I see where they have some second focal plane models that are in my price range, but they don't have the XLR reticle.

I'll still need to give consideration to SFP scopes. Also, I'd like to look through some Burris, Alpin, and Mueller (whoa they are inexpensive) scopes. But I have to say that I'm really impressed with the Vortex. Maybe I'll just have to save awhile longer. It does seem if I went with the Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP that I'd be set for a lifetime with a long distance and varmint scope.

I'll keep investigating. I'm anxious, but I really don't have to be in a hurry. If I just can't stand it, I can always put my Nikon on the CZ for awhile.

Thanks again for all the input,
Andrew

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries