View Single Post
Old March 17, 2010, 01:22 PM   #36
orangello

There was a discussion in a recent thread in which some posters seemed to be of the opinion that the right to self defense was more important than property rights (honestly, i may have misunderstood). This was the "gun show hipocrisy" thread: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...=401418&page=3 . Of course, a gun show venue is open to the public, like the common areas or parking lot of an apartment complex, but unlike the interior of the apartments.

I am not sure that i agree with that logic as applied to concealed carrying a firearm at a gunshow, regardless of show rules. However, if ALL available area rental property restricted against having firearms in the rental units, i would probably go along with the theory of the "gun show hipocrisy" thread and just keep my firearms under wraps regardless of the property owner's wishes/rights. However, if there is a viable alternative for housing that did allow me to keep my firearms inside my rental unit, I believe i would have no reasonable/ethical choice but to rent at one of the properties allowing firearms. IOW, i would find another place to rent & avoid potential drama/expense of hurried relocation.

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 8 queries